Yoga blocks are an essential tool for practitioners of all levels, from beginners to advanced yogis. They help support and deepen stretches, improve alignment, and can even aid in building strength. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your practice. In this article, we will review some of the best yoga blocks available, taking into consideration factors such as durability, grip, size, and material.
How To Choose The Best Yoga Blocks?
When it comes to choosing the best yoga blocks, there are a few factors to consider to ensure that you are getting the right ones for your practice. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind:
- Material: Yoga blocks can be made from a variety of materials, including foam, cork, and bamboo. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to consider what factors are most important to you. Foam blocks tend to be the most affordable and lightweight, but they can also compress over time and lose their shape. Cork blocks are more durable and provide more stability, but they are also heavier and more expensive. Bamboo blocks are eco-friendly and durable, but they can also be quite heavy and more expensive than foam blocks.
- Size: Yoga blocks come in different sizes, so it’s important to choose one that fits your body and your practice. The most common sizes are 3″ x 6″ x 9″ and 4″ x 6″ x 9″, but some blocks may be smaller or larger. If you have a smaller frame or need less support, a smaller block may be sufficient. If you need more support or have a larger frame, a larger block may be more comfortable.
- Shape: While most yoga blocks are rectangular, some may have rounded edges or be shaped like a wedge. Rounded blocks may be more comfortable for certain poses, while wedge-shaped blocks can be useful for providing extra support or modifying poses.
- Grip: The grip of a yoga block can be an important factor to consider, especially if you tend to sweat during your practice. Some blocks may have a textured surface or a non-slip coating to provide better grip and prevent slipping.
- Price: The price of yoga blocks can vary widely, depending on the material, size, and brand. Foam blocks tend to be the most affordable, while cork and bamboo blocks can be more expensive. It’s important to consider your budget and how often you plan to use the blocks when choosing the best option for you.
Review of Yoga Blocks:
- Manduka Recycled Foam Yoga Block: Made from 50% recycled EVA foam, the Manduka block is eco-friendly and durable. Its beveled edges provide a comfortable grip, and its size (4” x 6” x 9”) is standard for most practitioners. The block also has a non-slip surface, making it perfect for hot yoga or sweaty practices.
- Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block: Cork blocks are a popular choice for yogis due to their natural and sustainable material. The Hugger Mugger block is made from high-quality cork that provides a sturdy and stable base for poses. It also has beveled edges for added comfort and a non-slip surface for safety.
- Gaiam Essentials Yoga Block: This affordable block from Gaiam is made from high-density foam, making it both durable and lightweight. It has a non-slip surface and beveled edges for comfort. Its size (4” x 6” x 9”) is perfect for most practitioners, and it comes in a variety of colors.
- JBM Yoga Block: This set of two yoga blocks from JBM is a great value for those who want to purchase multiple blocks. Made from high-density foam, they are durable and supportive. Their size (3” x 6” x 9”) is slightly smaller than other blocks, making them perfect for those with smaller hands or those who prefer a more portable option.
- Clever Yoga Block: The Clever Yoga block is made from high-density foam and has a non-slip surface. Its unique design includes a circular cutout in the center, making it easy to grip and hold onto. Its size (3” x 6” x 9”) is standard for most practitioners.
|Yoga Block||Material||Size||Non-Slip Surface||Beveled Edges|
|Manduka Recycled Foam||50% Recycled EVA Foam||4” x 6” x 9”||Yes||Yes|
|Hugger Mugger Cork||Cork||4” x 6” x 9”||Yes||Yes|
|Gaiam Essentials||High-Density Foam||4” x 6” x 9”||Yes||Yes|
|JBM||High-Density Foam||3” x 6” x 9”||No||Yes|
|Clever Yoga||High-Density Foam||3” x 6” x 9”||Yes||No|
Yoga blocks are an essential tool for any practitioner looking to deepen their practice and improve alignment. When choosing a yoga block, it’s important to consider factors such as material, size, grip, and durability.
The Manduka Recycled Foam block is a great choice for those looking for an eco-friendly and non-slip option, while the Hugger Mugger Cork block is perfect for those looking for a natural and sustainable option.
Originally posted 2023-03-15 10:26:47.
Leave a Reply